Fire certificate requirements
The Fire Safety Certificate (In Russian Пожарный Сертификат) is a document that certifies the compliance of your products with the Russian fire safety regulations so as required by law Federal n. 123 of 22nd July 2008 (article 146), there is a lists of products for which (also in relation to the possible intended use) the request for fire certification is mandatory.
In May 2009, the Russian government published an explanatory circular in which it lists in detail the products subjected to fire regulations in which we can distinguish four macro categories:
- Fire-fighting means and tools;
- Electrotechnical devices and electrical apparatus;
- Building materials and interior finishing materials;
- Ventilation and fume extraction systems, fire safety valves, electrical panels.
Like almost all Russian certifications, this too is subdivided into obligatory (precisely for the aforementioned categories) or voluntary; in both cases the procedure for obtaining does not differ.
The certification procedure consists in providing and depositing some documents which, initially, are identical for all the categories:
- Product specifications;
- Registration Form or Application Form;
- Technical documentation of goods (drawings, description and possibly constructive methodology;
- Technical Passport
After the request and the submission of documents by authorized subjects, an initial documentary check is carried out and, where required, and in any case at the unquestionable judgment of the competent ministerial body, samples may be requested for specific technical tests or integration with the request of further documentation at the end of which the certificate of fire compliance is issued.